Sunday 29 March 2009

One month in...

So far so good; the teaching is going fairly well (read: I haven't gotten any complaints) and I'm starting to pick up some Korean.  No amusing stories to recount this week, but I feel comfortable enough to talk about one of the never-ending perks of teaching here:  The Konglish.  The crazy mixture of words that only people speaking it as a second language can master.  Some of the choice examples include:

"Afraidness"
Informations
Adviced (as in "My parents adviced me to...")

And in terms of sentences:

" My friend was popular at the start of the term, but became unpopular after revealing her personalities"
"Friends resemble each other by communication. The friend should be a person who gives me good effect."
"According to a research, Koreans don't usually get well with stranger, first-met people"
"If you satisfy the quality of life evenly, it is much ideal person for the globalization world."

More to come later.

The only difficulty I'm having is meeting people outside of the office, which is most definitely down to the hours I work.  Nothing I can really do about that except try and find fellow night-owls.  But where to begin?  Dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment