Sunday 1 March 2009

Away I go!

So, here I am, in a rather swish hotel overlooking the beautiful vista that is Paddington Station.  

Tomorrow, I have to go to the embassy to collect my visa, then it's straight to Heathrow.  But first I have to calm my nerves.  Y'see, I did something very, very dim: I googled my school.  Isn't it amazing how much more vocal the people who hated their jobs are? I must have read the exact same person's account (word for word, spelling mistake for spelling mistake) across a dozen websites.  But the whole episode has given me probable cause for doubt and panic (as if I actually needed any more) about the whole sorry mess.  Oh well, it's too late to back down now.  I already got a leaving present from work: It'd be plain embarrassing to go back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment