Sunday 5 April 2009

Normal Service will now be resumed.

Wow, that was a surprisingly heavy post for me.  Now, we can get back to the light-hearted ramblings of a young, foolish, single British guy!

This week I finally bought a mini Union flag for my desk to remind me to stand up to the relentless tide of US and Canadian accents in my office.  I mean, on Friday I caught myself saying "Math".  I was duly ashamed.

I took the plunge and ordered stuff off of a Korean website.  With the help of my very patient Korean colleagues I managed to order 2 pairs of shorts and a chair for my apartment.  I just hope those are the things that actually arrive.

I have discovered the sheer mentalness/awesomeness that is Costco.  For the uninitiated, Costco is a discount cash-and-carry that sells pretty much everything, from tractor tyres to iPod touches, via hiking boots.  It's popular amongst us expats because it carries a large range of imported foods.  And I made the cardinal mistake of going without eating.  I promptly spent 70,000 won on junk.  Including a 32oz bag of KETTLE CHIPS.  I am now afraid that if I open them, they will either go bad within a couple of days, rendering the thing a major waste of money, or I will eat them all in a single sitting and put on all the weight I've lost since coming here.

I paid myfirst visit to a Noraebang with a stirring and, in places, voice killing rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody.


That's the latest bulletin, gang.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment