Tuesday 28 April 2009

News-time, children...

So nothing of any real importance happened this last fortnight (I love that word) at work because the students are doing real-school exams and don't have the time to come here.  Still, it doesn't stop parents complaining about us.  

The real impact of this is that for the last 2 weeks we've essentially done an office job.  Sitting at the desk for hours, and hours, and hours, making sure we have cover sheets on our TPS reports (anyone who gets that reference gets a prize-answers in the comment box), knowing that the work that we are doing will get ripped off by people who will take all the credit.  It's reminded me why I wanted to come out here in the first place, given me a little perspective, and now I can't wait to get back into the classroom.  My co-teachers are starting to give me their bad habits; I caught myself referring to my jeans as pants, maths as math, and football as soccer.  I need to reposition the Union Flag on my desk to remind me to stand up to their poor English!

Outside the office, life has been pretty cool.  My second baseball game was awesome (I may be getting into it; It's £5 for major league games! Compare that with watching the frickin' Magpies), made a few new mates, stayed out on an all-nighter (I feel I need more booze next time I do it) and got broadband in my flat.  To cap it all off, I got my movie-geek hoody and T-shirt from home; nice to have some new threads!

I leave you with this thought that has popped suddenly into my head.  I now weigh 96kg.  For the first time since 2004 I am actually back below triple figures.  All down to a mostly fish, vegetable, and what-I-hope-is-Chicken diet.

Peace out y'all!


PS: I'm now in the market for an early morning  (6am) Taekwondo class, despite my old mates urging me to go to the kiddy class just so I can "Feel like a giant".  Tempting, but I do that almost every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment