Tuesday 28 July 2009

The 5 Month Mark is closing in.

Yup, 5 months. Feels like only yesterday that I was wandering around the British Museum with Hugo, embarrassing the shit out of him by taking a boatload of pictures. Or sitting in Bar T'At sipping on a pint of Warsteiner while Tom drinks a strawberry smoothie. Or meeting Dave at the Starbucks outside St. James' Tube station 10 hours before my flight.

So, what have I achieved while I'm here? A small checklist:

1) I've drunk a lot.
2) I dove head first into a culture that, besides reading the lonely planet, I knew nothing about.
3) I've made good friends.
4) I persuaded Alex to buy some converse that were at least 1 size too small.
5) I now know that I want to teach for the forseeable future.
6) I'm trying out a new hairstyle.
7) I'm learning a new language.
8) I danced like a retard on a nightclub stage.
9) I now know the reason why Soju is unheard of outside these lands.

And yet, I want MORE.

This could be cabin fever brought about by being hungover on my first real day of holiday with nothing planned or booked, but dammit, I need to do more. Which is why I'm giving into cliche and drawing up my very own lists: 10 things to do while in Korea (only 7 months left now), and a slightly grander "50 things to do before I'm 50". Seeing as I'm over 2/5th of the way there, I'd better get cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment